This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, and forms part of our Terms and Conditions.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Prolific North Ltd”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) is Prolific North Ltd, registered in England and Wales, company registration number 08268534 at 16 Fairfax Avenue, Manchester, M20 6AJ.
Data protection law
Personal information collection
The personal information you disclose to Prolific North Ltd by completing forms on this website, registering for events, entering awards and/or purchasing tickets gives us consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner described in this policy. Personal information may include name, email, job title, company, address, contact number and similar information which identifies you. We do not sell or rent personal information to other organisations. Where necessary, our site collects credit card information for the purpose of billing the user for requested services or events. Information collected through our site may be shared with third parties that provide services on behalf of the site, such as credit card processors. Third parties may only use the data for the purpose for which it was provided.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Use of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To provide you with information regarding your entry or ticket purchase;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our site, goods and/or services;
- We may also use your data (where you have chosen) to allow selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these. Where you permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will only contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can unsubscribe from Prolific North communications at any time. You may also exercise your right to be forgotten by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our customers, registered members, suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time. Your continued use of our site following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
However, if at any time in the future we plan to use personal information in a way that differs from this policy, users will be notified by either 30 days notice displayed prominently on the website or by email. We will provide you the opportunity to opt-out of such differing uses.
We use a third-party site measurement service to measure our site traffic. This company may use information (not including name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this site in order to help us improve the site’s content and navigation.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted via email at email@example.com.